When Robbie Montgomery toured with the 1960s soul duo sensation Ike and Tina Turner as one of the original backup singers, she poured her creative gifts into her cooking as much as her singing. And after her lung collapsed and she could no longer sing, Robbie took her mother’s soul food recipes, passed down through generations, and created the empire known as “Sweetie Pie’s”– St. Louis’ popular soul food restaurant run by Miss Robbie and her family.
With two successful locations, Miss Robbie is preparing to open a third restaurant with the help of her son and business partner, Tim. While Tim and his fiancée, Jenae, tend to their newborn son and plan their wedding – Miss Robbie, who has never been married, continues to look for love at the age of 71 all the while keeping the family in line – especially her wise-cracking nephew Lil’ Charles. Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s follows the Montgomery family as they struggle with the demands of expanding their family-owned business and creating a legacy to pass on to future generations.
Seasons and episodes
- 7 - 6Something's Gotta GiveJan. 07, 2017
- 7 - 7Family Business Is Always PersonalJan. 14, 2017
- 7 - 8Irreconcilable DifferencesJan. 21, 2017
- 7 - 9Finish What You StartedJan. 28, 2017
- 7 - 10No Opening, No ClosureFeb. 04, 2017
- 7 - 11Going for BrokeFeb. 11, 2017
- 7 - 12Challenge Accepted!Feb. 18, 2017
- 7 - 13Facing the MusicFeb. 25, 2017