Sister Wives is an American reality television series broadcast on TLC that began airing in 2010. The show documents the life of a polygamist family, which includes patriarch Kody Brown, his four wives, and their 17 children. The family began the series living in Lehi, Utah, but has since moved to Las Vegas, Nevada. The nine-episode first season ran from September 26 to October 17, 2010, and drew strong ratings according to Nielsen Media Research. Season two of Sister Wives began on September 25, 2011. Season three began on May 13, 2012. Season four began on Sunday, July 21, 2013.
Brown and his wives have said they participated with the show to make the public more aware of polygamist families and to combat societal prejudices. Brown believes his polygamist arrangement is legal because he is legally married only to one woman, and the other marriages are spiritual unions. Nevertheless, the series led the Brown family to become investigated for possible prosecution.
Seasons and episodes
- 8 - 1Its Worse Than We ThoughtNov. 27, 2016
- 8 - 2Kody Takes ResponsibilityDec. 04, 2016
- 8 - 4Embarrassing the Sister WivesDec. 11, 2016
- 8 - 5Guide to Wedded BlissDec. 25, 2016
- 8 - 6Maddie Gets MarriedDec. 18, 2016
- 8 - 8Another CatfishingJan. 01, 2017
- 8 - 9A Shocking RevelationJan. 08, 2017
- 8 - 10The Newlyweds vs The BrownsJan. 08, 2017
- 8 - 10Tell All: Part 1Jan. 21, 2017
- 8 - 11Tell All: Part 2Jan. 29, 2017